Thursday, July 11, 2019

Teaching myself how to use Shadowrun editor (ITS HARD!)

Thanks to everyone for continued support and for helpful hints along with the tutorial videos.

But they don't seem to help. Its like those dummies books I used to read about programming and using computer applications!!

HMMMMMM

The best way to learn I find is simply to open the initial packs and the other packs as well and just use editor to look at the triggers what they're connected to ETC.

Deadman's switch was very very helpful as was the Dragon fall campaign.


I especially got a kick out of how the morgue scene and the scene at the Manor worked. Very VERY USEFUL!

I learned about triggers, regions, moving spawned characters and a bit about cameras. Very interesting!

I tried writing a mission but I'm putting it on hold for awhile. While I figure this out. NO IT DID NOT GO FINE...

This is kinda like Swat 3 level editor.

In fact I'm thinking of maybe having a book similar to dummies about this and the level editors for SWAT 3 & 4 and Majesty 2 and Age Of wonders 3.

So many people I find on forums are having some of the same troubles I have and On 3 occasions I almost rage quit what I was doing.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Play with the editors for both SR, DF and HK!

Check out how campaings like Deadman's switch works and stuff like that! Learn from that example like I did!